Closet of Hope
The purpose of the Closet of Hope is to provide children that are taken into foster care with a backpack that contains a three day supply of clothing and a blanket for comfort, as well as toiletries, diapers, school supplies and personal items, if needed.
Generally, the contents of the closet include:
- Blankets - handmade or new fleece
- Footwear (like "new" or new) or shoe store gift cards
- School Supplies (new & unopened)
- Diapers (must be new & unopened)
- Toiletries/Feminine hygiene products (must be new & unopened)
- Seasonal clothing
Summer clothing is only accepted March through July.
Winter clothing only accepted August through February.
In addition, monetary donations or gift cards for clothing & footwear stores are always accepted
and encouraged to help provide sizes that may be hard to fit.
We accept in-kind donations of gently used & new items by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment to donate clothing please contact:
Jackie Wynn, Operational Support Services Coordinator
Wayne County Children Services
Phone: (330) 345-5340